Learn and practice constructing a base UX process model to help you create strong user-connected experiences. Investigate and experience the entire UX design life cycle of various products and create various artifacts to be used to encourage product clarity and directional confidence. Through individual and group work, participate in a series of design challenges and activities to increase your critical thinking, analytical, and communication skills to support effective collaboration. Along the way, experiment and test various industry-standard UX tools and learn about emerging technologies.
This is a required course for the User Experience Design Certificate Program.
This workshop will cover topics including:
- Understanding the value of (why, what, and how), we create
- The importance of roadmaps in your design approach
- Agile UX approaches
- Design Thinking strategies
- Industry insights and real-world use cases
- Connecting and aligning business objectives with experience design goals
- Designing for native mobile applications
- Best practices to construct a base UX process method and strategy
- Communication techniques through design artifacts
- Design standards and tools for the UX profession
- New tools for next-level UX design
Your class experience will culminate in a collaborative project to craft a mobile application experience and product, using the skills developed over the course of class lessons and activities. Work together to develop artifacts like sketches, wireframes, high-fidelity concepts, clickable prototypes, and more.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- User Experience Design : Required