High-quality websites and apps are essential to your business, your brand, and your reputation. The process of usability testing involves defining the goal of the test, identifying test participants, determining test logistics, and moderating the test with typical users. Usability testing is conducted at many phases of the development process to ensure the usability, functionality, learnability and delight of your web site or application. Students also learn how to analyze and present their findings to different stakeholder groups to ensure the release of products users want.
This is a required course for the User Experience Design Certificate Program.
In this course, learn how to:
- Identify appropriate test participants (audiences and personas)
- Determine what to test, when to test it, and how to pick the right usability method for your project (such as lab, guerrilla, remote; moderated and un-moderated methods)
- Perform usability testing from planning, to execution and reporting of your results
- Learn how to use live usability tests on real sites and how to use remote testing methods and tools
- Interpret your findings, determine the best recommendations, and present your results
- Communicate to stakeholders why usability testing works and how it actually increases your speed to market by using real world examples
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- User Experience Design : Required