Before you begin major construction or a renovation project, gain essential knowledge and expert insights to ensure a successful, stress-free experience. Learn about building budgets, reviewing contracts with building professionals, permits, inspections, and other aspects of construction projects.
- Construction processes: trades and craftsmanship, subcontracting and suppliers and critical path scheduling
- Architectural concept and design in terms of the impact plans, specifications and selections schedules have on budget
- Cost control
- AIA documentation: A-105, A-141 and B-105
- Contract law principles: basic introduction to offer/acceptance, consideration, statute of fraud and privity of contract
- Interpersonal obligations among and between owners relating to HOA bylaws and deed restrictions
- Municipal authority over building codes and permitting, and zoning ordinances
- Texas construction law with regard to mechanics liens and lien waivers
- Online registration closes at 6 p.m. one day before the start of the class, unless noted on individual sections.
- Late registration is welcome! Please contact SMU CAPE at 214-768-2273 for assistance.