NOTE: Multiple levels offered.
Each section is designed for speakers at different skill levels. Please choose the section most appropriate for you:
- LEVEL 1 Beginner
- LEVEL 2 Advanced Beginner
Learn to read, speak and understand French! Practice basic French conversational tools and useful concepts with emphasis on pronunciation, comprehension, basic grammar and, especially, conversation. Through instruction and guided exercises, develop the speaking, listening, reading and writing skills necessary to communicate effectively en français.
- Conversation: to carry on basic oral communication with little difficulty with native speakers of French.
- Pronunciation: to acquire pronunciation and diction of standard International French conducive to effective communication with native and near-native speakers.
- Aural comprehension: to develop a beginner’s basic degree of comprehension of French spoken at native rate of speech.
- Written expression: to understand written French, especially in support of subsequent oral discussion or dialogue.
- Levels and registers of language; to become able to differentiate and distinguish.
- Preparation: to be prepared linguistically to take more advanced French classes.
This course uses the PowerSchool Haiku Learning platform, an innovative cloud-based learning management and classroom collaboration solution designed to meet the needs of all learners. All course content including videos, exercises, review, and practice will be accessible to students in the Haiku classroom.