Gain a macro view of the Chinese language in this intensive class. Students will learn useful phrases, basic grammar, and pronunciation, as well as gain an understanding of Chinese characters. Build on an existing knowledge of the language and gain more advanced skills through Chinese language modern pop songs, television commercials, and film. By the end of the week students will be able to teach themselves more in-depth conversational Chinese with a Mandarin Chinese phrase book its corresponding Audio Phrase Book app.
This course is ideal for students who complete Conversational Chinese I, or students who have studied Chinese in middle and high school and are driven to learn how to use a phrase book to teach themselves more in-depth conversational Chinese. Through the use of videos and songs students will learn how to study the language quickly and effectively.
Please note times are in Central Standard Time (CST).
- Practice pronunciation of Chinese sounds and tones
- Review basic phrases and time expressions
- Refine Chinese character writing
- Learn intermediate and advanced travel-oriented phrases for:
- sports, leisure, and health
- food and dining
- Online registration closes at noon 4 days prior to the start of the class.
- For late registration options, please contact SMU College Prep at 214-768-2267 for assistance.