Refine your fluency of the Spanish language through reading and group discussions in this full immersion class. Students will discuss global challenges, art and culture, and travel. Expand your vocabulary by reading articles, listening to audio and watching videos for discussion. This is a proficiency-oriented class that provides opportunities to listen, read, write and speak Spanish. Class readings include the novel Los baker van a Peru and Spanish language magazines. Prepare to have stimulating conversations while you practice your fluency!
Designed to be dynamic and engaging, this course is ideal for students who are very comfortable in a full immersion class and/or have completed Intermediate Spanish or taken advanced Spanish in school.
Please note times are in Central Standard Time (CST).
- Day 1: Personal introductions including your family and your personal interests. Compare and contrast with historical biographies. Discuss your culture in relation to another Spanish speaking culture.
- Day 2: Global travel, festivals, food, activities, shopping, etc.
- Day 3: Art, architecture, the lives of artists, historical art styles, etc.
- Day 4: Discuss, debate, and reflect on global challenges.
- Day 5: Participate in multiple activities, group presentations and projects that involve high level thinking skills; share and discuss reflections on the course.
- Online registration closes at noon 4 days prior to the start of the class.
- For late registration options, please contact SMU College Prep at 214-768-2267 for assistance.