Explore the interdisciplinary field of Data Science through looking at data analysis, data visualization and machine learning. Students will learn the foundational concepts of data science through hands-on labs utilizing Python programming language and a data visualization tool such as Tableau or Power BI. Students will also gain a basic understanding of how machine learning promises to derive meaning from all of this data.
This course is ideal for students who are interested in how data is utilized to assist with forming conclusions, decision-making and making predictions.
Please note times are in Central Standard Time (CST).
- Introduction to Data Science
- Performing Data Analysis by Inspecting and Cleaning Data Sets
- Utilizing the Python Programming Language to Analyze Data
- Data Visualization using Google Data Studio to Create Reports, Charts and Dashboards
- Understanding Trends in Data
- Understanding Career Opportunities in Data Science
- Discussing Ethics and Privacy Around Data
- Online registration closes at noon 4 days prior to the start of the class.
- For late registration options, please contact SMU College Prep at 214-768-2267 for assistance.