This completely online and self-paced, eleven-module GED® Test Prep course provides a comprehensive preparation for the GED® Reasoning Through Language Arts Test. Topics covered include essential reading skills, interpreting text, interpreting words and phrases, analyzing the structure of a text, discerning an author's purpose, evaluating arguments and claims, analyzing similarities, common grammar issues, and writing an extended response. The course includes exam-taking tips, two full-length practice exams, diagnostic tests at the beginning of each module, and practice questions at the end of each module.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Answer GED questions on essential reading skills
- Answer GED questions on interpreting text
- Answer GED questions on interpreting words and phrases
- Answer GED questions on analyzing the structure of a text
- Answer GED questions on discerning an author's purpose
- Answer GED questions on evaluating arguments and claims
- Answer GED questions on analyzing similarities
- Answer GED questions on common grammar issues
- Respond to a GED extended response prompt
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 8 (Contact Hours: 80 hours)
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.