This course focuses on teaching you how to brand yourself professionally. What is brand? And how do you maintain your personal brand? The assignments in this course discuss the value of personal branding, the way to craft your personal brand statement, and finally, the best methods for communicating your personal brand to clients, employers, and other industry professionals.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Explain the importance of building a personal brand
- Describe how to develop a personal branding statement
- Explain the importance of having a unique selling proposition
- Discuss online assets, including website/blogs, social media, and videos
- Discuss offline assets, including dress/appearance, business cards, personal outreach, and mentors
- Develop a strategy for gaining experience in areas where your brand is weak
- Explain the importance of expertise, and discuss strategies for becoming known as an expert in your field
- Explain how to maintain and protect your brand
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.