A brand is no longer just a certain type of car, shoe, or soda. We all have a personal brand that expresses our values, experiences, personalities, and ultimately everything that makes each of us unique people who stand apart from the crowd. "Personal Branding" focuses on teaching you how to cultivate your professional brand. You will learn the value of personal branding, how to craft your personal brand both online and offline, and the best methods for communicating your personal brand to clients, employers, and other industry professionals.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Explain the importance of building a personal brand
- Describe how to develop a personal branding statement
- Explain the importance of having a unique selling proposition
- Discuss online assets, including websites, blogs, social media, and videos
- Discuss offline assets, including dress, appearance, business cards, personal outreach, and mentors
- Develop a strategy for gaining experience in areas where your brand is weak
- Explain the importance of expertise, and discuss strategies for becoming known as an expert in your field
- Explain how to maintain and protect your brand
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: General)
- SHRM PDCs: 3
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.