Personal finance is a critical skill for long-term financial success. However, many adults have learned what they know about personal finance as they've progressed through life. What have you missed along the way? No matter what your financial situation is, it is important to understand how to handle your money. This course will familiarize you with the basics of budgeting, including creating and managing a budget, as well as setting financial goals, understanding your credit, tips for saving money, and the basics of investing.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Manage your personal finances confidently
- Create a budget
- Set financial goals
- Identify how to eliminate needless expenses
- Monitor and adjust your budget as necessary
- Have a grasp of what credit is and how to improve yours
- Utilize different methods for saving money and covering expenses
- Understand the investment options available to you
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- SHRM PDCs: 3
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.