Perhaps you have been in charge of your finances since you started working an after school job in high school, or maybe you are suddenly feeling overwhelmed with allocating the salary from your first job out of college. No matter what your financial situation is, it is important to understand how to handle your money. This course will familiarize you with the basics of budgeting, credit, saving, and investing.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Manage your personal finances confidently
- Explain what a budget is
- Understand why budgeting is important
- Set financial goals
- Create a budget
- Identify how to eliminate needless expenses
- Monitor and adjust your budget as necessary
- Have a grasp of what credit is and how to improve yours
- Utilize different methods for saving money and covering expenses
- Understand the investment options available to you
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than two million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.