Communicating clearly and concisely in written formats like email, memos, and letters is very important in a workplace setting. Clearly communicating your thoughts, plans and proposals is a highly effective means to advance your ideas and earn the respect of your peers. This course will help you improve your use of these common business communication vehicles by providing best practices and effective tips and techniques.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Recognize when it's appropriate to use an email, a memo, or a letter
- Explain the parts of an email, a memo, and a letter, and format each so that the communication is effective
- Consider primary and secondary uses for the email, memo, or letter
- Explain how to facilitate both primary and secondary uses
- Create a sample email, memo, and letter employing best practices
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than two million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.