The ability to deliver an effective presentation is critical in most job functions. This introductory-level course helps learners organize, structure, and create effective presentations that feature slides as a visual aid. Because many organizations use PowerPoint as a way of communicating information, this course offers advice and guidance on the most effective and persuasive uses of PowerPoint, including best practices on word count, graphics, and structure.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize what makes communication effective
- Understand the elements in the communications process
- Organize your communications and presentations
- Understand PowerPoint graphic rules of thumb
- Create an effective summary slide
- Describe and employ the four steps of purposeful communication in your presentations
- Understand the forecast, present, and echo structure for presentations
- Recognize key visual considerations for PowerPoint slides and presentations
- Understand how to organize and create PowerPoint presentations
- Revise PowerPoint slides to make them more effective
- Understand the success factors for face-to-face presentations
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 5
- Leadership PDUs: 0.5
- Technical PM PDUs: 4.5
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: General)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.