Emotional intelligence (EI) is our ability to identify and control our emotions to achieve positive outcomes in our relationships. Managers with high EI are better equipped to deal with subordinates, colleagues, and company executives, and they can do a better job of handling and resolving conflicts. This one-module course reviews the underlying concepts of emotional intelligence and explores how managers can improve and make use of their emotional intelligence.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the role of emotional intelligence for managers and project managers
- Explain why improving emotional intelligence can improve managerial performance
- Recognize the importance of emotional intelligence in successful project management
- Discuss the nine key EI factors
- Apply EI factors to project scenarios
Upon completion of this course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: General)
- SHRM PDCs: 3
Learners must achieve an average test score of a least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.