Through this simulation, the learner will play the role of a project manager on a new product development project at HealthMax Software. The goal of the project is to develop HealthRecords, a new medical records software system. For HealthMax, a small company, the success of this project has become vital to its long-term viability. It is now March, and the plan is to have three satisfied early-adopter customers and a product that is ready to launch at a major trade show in June of next year. The schedule is tight, and the budget for the project has been set with no possibility of an increase.
You will be asked to make a series of decisions during the simulation, and each decision will impact the project in different ways. Your goal in the simulation is to optimize positive scores across the following project management factors:
- Project Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Quality Management
- Schedule/Time Management
- Budget/Cost Management
- Human Resources Management
- Risk Management
- Communications Management
- Procurement Management
This simulation is meant to sharpen your understanding of key project management skills. Those skills include:
- Leading a project team
- Balancing competing interests, such as project scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, risk, communications, and procurement considerations
- Dealing with controversial decisions and the potential for negative team or customer outcomes
- Analyzing schedule, budget, and quality data and using that information to make educated decisions
- Addressing issues related to project procurement
- Facing challenges related to project planning, project execution, and project monitoring and control
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.