This course covers the roles and responsibilities of the project management team leader, in particular, their responsibility with regard to project stakeholders. The course also discusses how project management team leaders can build a positive team environment through effective communication, team building activities, problem-solving, and reflective listening.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Define a team and identify six common types of teams
- Explain Bruce Tuckman's model of group development
- Describe how the project life cycle is relevant to team issues
- List the three sources of power for project management team leaders
- Describe ways to manage stakeholder expectations
- Explain different types of team building activities
- Define reflective listening
- Identify the challenges of virtual teams and how they relate to the project management team leader's roles
- Compare and contrast voting and consensus as methods for decision-making
- More effectively identify and resolve team problems
- Explain the different characteristics of effective and open team communication
- Identify the best practices for using e-mail and telephone among team members
- Identify several common team problems and apply methods for resolving these issues
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 18
- Leadership PDUs: 10
- Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1
- Technical PM PDUs: 7
- IACET CEUs: 1.8 (Contact Hours: 18 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 18 (Type: General)
- SHRM PDCs: 18
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.