Quality Management Basics provides a firm foundation for anyone looking to understand quality management practices and techniques. The course combines instructional material with interactive exercises, vocabulary games, and flashcards to explain the core concepts and strategies of effective quality management. Case studies and examples from manufacturing and service sectors help to explain the nuances of quality concepts, while video segments from experienced quality management professionals provide expert insight into the real-world application of quality principles. The course is self-paced to allow students as much time as needed to absorb information and to understand the key concepts that will help them satisfy their stakeholders and delight their customers.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the principles and practices that guide quality management activities
- Understand how specific tools and techniques can be used to monitor and control quality
- Use these tools in combination to create powerful plans and solutions to quality problems
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to measure and control work
- Describe the core competencies involved in several popular quality management methodologies
- Employ quality analysis and quality planning approaches to meet customer expectations
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.