Access control is the restriction of access to a computer system. So how does a cybersecurity professional manage this access control? This course introduces the principles of access controls, beginning with the central modes of information security and continuing through various attacks and defenses. It provides an overview of Identity Management and the resources used on modern-day information systems, including Web and cloud-based ones. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on access control and identity management that professionals face in the real-world.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the four types of information access controls
- Describe different identification methods and technologies
- Discuss different components of Authentication, Authorization and Accounting
- Describe common access control models and mechanisms
- Explain the technologies used in single-sign-on systems
- Identify common access control attacks and countermeasures
- Provide appropriate guidance in response to real-world scenarios describing Access Control and Identity management challenges
Upon completion of the courses, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 5
- Leadership PDUs: 1
- Technical PM PDUs: 4
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.