This course provides an overview of cloud computing and the business and security considerations of transitioning to a cloud environment or from one cloud service provider to another. The course is presented in two modules. In addition to providing information that aligns with industry standard content from the Cloud Security Alliance, this course also includes a module that presents different real-world scenarios to learners, asking them to apply what they have learned to situations they might encounter in the workplace.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize the differences between cloud-based and traditional computing environments
- Identify the three major service categories of cloud computing and how they apply to different business needs
- List the different actors and roles in cloud-computing
- Understand the need for cybersecurity and its role in cloud computing
- Describe the different technologies that comprise cloud computing
- Explain the concepts behind cryptography and how it is used to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability in information systems
- Provide an overview of the threats and vulnerabilities facing cloud computing and how to mitigate them
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 5
- Power Skills PDUs: 3
- Business Acumen PDUs: 1
- Ways of Working PDUs: 1
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.