Working from home allows for greater flexibility but requires a thoughtful approach to time management. Scheduling tasks in an efficient way and ensuring a clear boundary between work and home life are key components of balancing the demands of remote work. This course provides an overview of the skills and strategies needed to achieve a fulfilling, productive remote work routine and healthy work-life balance. Additionally, the course covers interview preparation for remote positions, as well as video conferencing, instant messaging, and email best practices.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Outline key skills a candidate should demonstrate when interviewing for a remote job
- Manage remote work stress and pressure
- Implement time management strategies to increase productivity while working remotely
- Maintain a healthy work-life balance
- Use virtual communication as a collaborative tool
- Follow instant messaging etiquette
- Write efficient and impactful emails
- Explain strategies for incorporating socialization during the remote workday
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: General)
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.
Included with your course is a one (1) year complimentary subscription to Fast Company ($19.99 value). Your subscription will start with the current issue. Fast Company publishes 8 issues a year.