Course DescriptionCompanies must protect their assets. Just as locks go on the doors to protect physical assets, electronic and data assets must also be guarded. Asset security involves the full support of everyone in an organization, from corporate-level personnel down to front-line employees. Various security controls will be described that help protect privacy, along with data leakage prevention (DLP). Although it is not necessary, having some foundation in IT concepts is helpful in taking this course.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of asset security and discuss its key themes
- Discuss the information life cycle and explain how information and data are classified
- Compare the various titles and roles of those involved with information security within an organization
- Learn about data and information privacy and how to protect privacy
- Compare different data retention and destruction methods
- Explain several methods for countering data leakage
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.