Course DescriptionThis course introduces students to the principles of access controls, beginning with the central modes of information security and continuing through various attacks and defenses. The course presents different kinds of authentication techniques, how they work, and how they are distinguished from each other. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the key principles and terminology of information access control
- Discuss different types of identification and authorization techniques
- Describe common access control models and mechanisms
- Identify common access control attacks and countermeasures
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 5
- Business Acumen PDUs: 2
- Ways of Working PDUs: 3
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.