Course DescriptionThis course covers the role of governance and risk management in information security. It looks at the policies and standards that are needed to operate an effective information security function and to oversee good information security practices. The course also includes a look at how modern organizations manage information security risks and how to conduct a risk analysis. It concludes by examining the process for providing information security training and education. This course requires some basic understanding of IT concepts.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss the concept of security governance and understand the job of overseeing data security
- Describe the role of policy and procedure documents in information security
- Understand the key principles and terminology of information security governance and risk management
- Discuss different management practices for overseeing an effective information security function
- Identify common information security risks and threats
- Describe the process for conducting a risk assessment
- Understand the data classification process and properly classify data according to security needs
- Explain the process for providing information security training and education
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 5
- Power Skills PDUs: 1
- Business Acumen PDUs: 1.5
- Ways of Working PDUs: 2.5
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.