Course DescriptionThis course contains a detailed overview of security operations: administrative controls, trusted recovery and change and incident management. This course establishes a foundation in auditing, monitoring and detection in information security. This course requires a basic understanding of IT concepts
Learner OutcomesAfter completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the role of security operations and discuss its key themes
- Discuss several administrative controls and explain how they can improve information security
- Compare different security controls and explain how they work
- Identify trusted recovery techniques
- Relate the steps required in effective incident management and response
- Discuss the role of auditing, monitoring, and detection in information security
- Describe the steps involved in a digital forensics investigation
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 5
- Power Skills PDUs: 1
- Business Acumen PDUs: 1.5
- Ways of Working PDUs: 2.5
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.