Course DescriptionMindEdge's Security Awareness Online Training teaches employees to identify and prevent security breaches before they happen. For four cents per day per employee, your staff will have year-long, anytime, anywhere access to our highly-rated online security awareness training. This comprehensive training spans the facets of security awareness from in-office to remote security, email to phishing attacks, malware to ransomware, cloud to social media, and more.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the realms of security awareness and how each intersects
- Explain how a physical location is secured and best practices for preventing a breach
- Identify steps that employees should take to ensure data and device safety when working remotely
- Relate the risks of utilizing Cloud services and the steps employees can take to secure Cloud-stored data
- Explain how access to sensitive information is granted to employees and the ways in which access control practices keep data safe
- Describe the best practices for using social media so that data and accounts are not compromised
- List the ways in which hackers can use social engineering to gain access to sensitive information and what to do if a social engineering attack is suspected
- Relate the aspects of mobile devices that put them at risk for a cyber attack and what an employee should do to secure the device as best as possible
- List the forms of network security in place, the risks to these security measures, and the employee's role in thwarting an attack
- Describe the correct steps to take when a breach of security occurs across any and every realm of security
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.2 (Contact Hours: 2 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 2 (Type: General)
- SHRM PDCs: 2
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.