Course DescriptionAs big data continues to change the way businesses operate and drive strategy, the ability to efficiently and effectively organize and analyze data is crucial. Managers need to be able to utilize tools to identify trends and help make better business decisions. Microsoft's Excel is a powerful spreadsheet software to organize and manage data related to business operations. This course focuses on mastering the fundamental tasks performed in Excel, including data entry, basic formula calculations, and formatting and style operations. During the course, you will learn how to build a spreadsheet from scratch and gain a greater understanding of the most popular Excel commands and functions.
Learner OutcomesAfter completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify and understand the different components of the Excel interface
- Enter and convert numerical and text data, dates, and times
- Select, copy, and paste data in a workbook
- Employ elements of style to the workbook
- Create images, illustrations, shapes, and hyperlinks in a worksheet
- Arrange, filter, and sort lists of data
- Apply basic formatting elements to the worksheet
- Formulate basic mathematical formulas and functions, including SUM, AVERAGE, and MAX and MIN VALUE
- Reorganize data by removing duplicates, blanks spaces, and misspellings in a worksheet
- Open, save, and protect the workbook
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 3
- Power Skills PDUs: 0.5
- Ways of Working PDUs: 2.5
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- SHRM PDCs: 3
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.