Course DescriptionThis course is designed for the learner who already has a solid understanding of Excel's basic tools and functions. The course teaches learners some of the more advanced skills and features available in Excel, which may be useful in data analysis. These skills include style templates, conditional formatting, data validation, data manipulation, and pivot tables.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Employ built-in cell style templates, or produce a custom one, to streamline the data entry process
- Create a drop-down list to restrict data entry values
- Utilize the Conditional formatting feature to apply formats to a cell or a range of cells based on specific criteria
- Organize worksheet data using the Group Function
- Use the Consolidation Function to combine data from several worksheets into one
- Differentiate between and discern when to use a relative or an absolute reference in a formula
- Change the orientation of an array of data using the Transpose function
- Use the Advanced filter Extract data from a data set based on complex criteria using the Advanced Filter tool
- Analyze data using Pivot Tables
- Calculate data across several worksheets with the same structure using a 3D reference
- Perform partial searches when filtering or analyzing data using wildcard characters
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- SHRM PDCs: 3
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.