Course DescriptionWhat will the future workspace look like? What are the "typical jobs" of tomorrow? How many hours a week will employees work? How will culture and technology affect the future of work? The answers to these questions are based on events, innovation, employer motivation, and the needs, preferences, and composition of the workforce. This course explores the future of work in the context of COVID-19, automation, artificial intelligence (AI), business sustainability, multi-generational workforces, different business models, increasing demand for flexible work arrangements, an evolving organizational culture, and a need for expanded accessibility.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Explain how the impact of COVID-19 can affect future workplaces
- Identify factors likely to drive the demand for future jobs
- Compare and contrast different flexible work arrangements
- Explain advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing
- Describe the roles of automation and artificial intelligence (AI) in the workplace
- Identify the ways that automation affects human resources
- Identify different uses of expanded accessibility in the workplace and how it can affect the workforce
- Describe the role of an organization's culture and explain a culture redesign
- Distinguish between alternatives to the traditional office
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 1.5
- Power Skills PDUs: 1
- Business Acumen PDUs: 0.25
- Ways of Working PDUs: 0.25
- IACET CEUs: 0.15 (Contact Hours: 1.5 hours)
- ATD CI Credits: 2
- HRCI Credits: 1.5
- SHRM PDCs: 1.5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.