Quality Management Basics provides a firm foundation for anyone looking to understand quality management practices and techniques. The course combines instructional material with interactive exercises, vocabulary games, and flashcards to explain the core concepts and strategies of effective quality management. Case studies and examples from manufacturing and service sectors help to explain the nuances of quality concepts, while video segments from experienced quality management professionals provide expert insight into the real-world application of quality principles. The course is self-paced to allow students as much time as needed to absorb information and to understand the key concepts that will help them satisfy their stakeholders and delight their customers.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the principles and practices that guide quality management activities
- Understand how specific tools and techniques can be used to monitor and control quality
- Use these tools in combination to create powerful plans and solutions to quality problems
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative data to measure and control work
- Describe the core competencies involved in several popular quality management methodologies
- Employ quality analysis and quality planning approaches to meet customer expectations
Online Course FAQ
When can I start?
As soon as you have a confirmation of enrollment. This can take up to 72 business hours. Please allow extra time for weekends and holidays.
What skills do online learners need?
Most courses require a basic level of computer skills, including the ability to send and receive e-mail, as well as research on the Internet. If more advanced skills are required, they will be listed in the course description.
Do I need an e-mail account for my online course?
Yes, all students taking online courses must have an email account. Email accounts may be obtained by signing up for a free account through Gmail, Yahoo! or Hotmail.
When it says a course is 200 hours long, does that mean I have to sit at my computer for 200 hours?
No, it means that the author of the course has stated that he or she expects you to be able to complete the course in 200 hours. This time frame may include homework, research, reading, or in some cases, additional development and reflection time.
What are the advantages to online learning?
With online learning, you can study from home or work. You can log on and off as often as you need to, and the course will pick up right where you left off. Also, you only learn what you want to know. Lastly, the courses are Web-based, so you can log on from any computer that has access to the internet.
Who do I contact if I have a problem with my course?
Please fill out the form at http://mindedge.com/page/contact-form/type/customer with information about the issue.
What are the minimum technical requirements for the course?
- Any modern Office suite: Microsoft Office, Apple iWork, OpenOffice, or LibreOffice
- The latest Adobe Reader/Acrobat Reader (free download available at http://www.adobe.com)
- The last three versions of the major browsers: Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Edge.
- Other web browsers may work, but may not render all features of the courses
- Cookies must be enabled
- Reliable internet connection. Broadband cable or high-speed DSL is recommended for optimal experience.
- E-mail account (to be able to register and to receive e-mail from the course system regarding registration, course status, etc.)
Note: Some courses may have additional hardware and/or software requirements. Any additional requirements will be listed in the course description and course syllabus.
What if I need to suspend my attendance, cancel my registration, or withdraw?
SMU CAPE online course enrollment is final as of 3 business days after purchase and programs are intended to be successfully completed in full. If you wish to withdraw from a course during the first 3 days after purchase a 90% refund may be issued, contingent upon you completing less than 10% of the course content. If more than 10% of the course has been completed, no refund will be issued. Additionally, after the 3 day grace period, withdrawal from the programs or not completing the program forfeits your tuition costs. We do not provide any prorated refunds or credits for partial certificate program completion.