Innovators are applying Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), and holograms in an increasing number and variety of commercial settings. UX designers who know how to use these tools are poised to be key players in one of the most exciting technology fields today. In this class, you will learn about emerging UX principles, concepts, and best practices as applied to various AR and VR platforms.
Students will lean how to create a virtual environment using the latest web XR technologies for #vr. It is recommended to have an Oculus Quest device to best explore and build your experience as you learn.
In this workshop you will learn about:
- Building different types of experiences
- Emerging design principles and patterns in AR, VR, and holograms
- Conducting user research on these platforms
- Working in and creating virtual spaces
- Applying usability concepts and principles (including what not to do)
- Current applications in AR, VR and holograms, plus what's on the horizon
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- User Experience Design : Elective