Learn the best practices of data visualization design: how to apply them in various software applications, apply storytelling techniques to design infographics, dashboards and presentations, and deliver presentations that communicate data insights to the audience.
Students will meet once per week in a real-time online session for 1.5 hours, and the program includes approximately 3.5 hours per week of out-of-class videos, activities, and reading. Plan to commit 5 hours per week to the program.
Certificate Program Components:
- Welcome and Orientation
- Foundations of Data Visualization
- Applying Design Principles to Data Visualization
- Data Storytelling
- Infographics: Design and Publishing
- Dashboards: Tools and Best Practices
- Presenting with Data: Tools and Best Practices
- Talk one-on-one with an advisor to answer your specific questions.
- Call us at 214-768-5581 or email email@example.com
- Complete and submit the application online.
- SMU will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment.
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Data Visualization and Storytelling : Required
Please click "Apply Now" to begin your application.
You will be required to log in or create an account if you do not already have one.
If you need any further assistance, contact SMU CAPE at 214-768-2273.