The SMU Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program was designed to incorporate the latest tools and trends, along with time-tested approaches to data analytics. Developed in consultation with industry leaders in data analytics, this certificate will prepare you to turn available data into insights and actionable recommendations.
Certificate Program Completion Requirements
The Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program is presented in a face-to-face, classroom setting in a modular format. You may choose to purchase the full certificate program at one time for a discounted price or purchase the individual courses à la carte. View courses here.
To complete the certificate program you must take all required courses and one elective.
- Digital Marketing Analytics (6 weeks)
- Digital Analytics Tools and Technologies (5 weeks)
- A/B Testing and Conversion Rate Optimization (4 weeks)
- Best Practices in Communicating Data and Insights (4 weeks)
- Advanced Excel for Data Analytics (1 full-day Saturday workshop)
- Adobe Analytics (2 half-day Saturday workshops)
Optional workshop (highly recommended):
- DAA-Certified Web Analyst Test Prep Workshop (3-hour class)
Select one elective to complete the program:
- Data Visualization, Infographics and Dashboard Design (6 weeks)
- Mobile Marketing and Analytics (4 weeks)
- Search Engine Optimization and Marketing (4 weeks)
- Data-Driven Marketing (6 weeks)
- Learn the entire process, from data collection to analysis, and how to use key tools like Google Analytics.
- Understand how to best communicate your insights to decision-makers and make insights actionable.
- Practice your skills in an interactive and hands-on environment.
- Network with and learn from instructors who are respected digital analytics professionals.
- By the end of the program,you will also be prepared to take the GAIQ and DAA CWA certification tests. Taking these tests is not required to pass the SMU Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program; however, students are strongly encouraged to take these exams to add the certifications to their resumes.
Why Choose SMU?
- Experienced instructors who are senior-level, practicing professionals
- Classes delivered in-person to optimize real, hands-on learning and maximize opportunities for interaction and networking
Who Should Attend?
- Marketing, communications, UX, web design, business analytics, content development and SEO professionals
- New marketing and business graduates who recognize the need to expand their knowledge and skills to appeal to potential employers
- Anyone who needs to understand how customers interact with their company
- Data scientists and data analysts market researchers
- Customer-experience professionals
Tuition and Fees
Tuition for the Digital Analytics and Insights Certificate program is $3,495 if you register and pay for the full certificate by the priority deadline (after the priority date, standard tuition is $3,745). There is no fee to apply. Discounts are available for SMU faculty, staff, students and alumni, as well as for nonprofits and groups.
Students may qualify for a Smart Options Continuing Education Student Loan, offered by Sallie Mae. Your Sallie Mae Loan application must be completed and approved 14 days before the first day of the program. Loan cannot exceed the cost of tuition. Contact our admissions team for details.
Students must register before attending a course. Instructors cannot accept registration fees. SMU reserves the right to substitute instructors, change course locations, cancel courses, adjust curricula or schedules, or limit enrollment.
- Talk one-on-one with an advisor to answer your specific questions. Call us at 214-768-1086 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete and submit the application online.
- SMU will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment.