- Meet the educational requirement to sit for the PMP® (Project Management Professional) Exam
- Learn and practice the six elements of an effective project plan
- Understand vital tools and techniques used to support project management
- Learn strategies to identify and mitigate risks to project success
- Learn to effectively manage communications and reporting skills
Why Choose SMU?
SMU PRO provides:
- Experienced instructors who are senior-level, practicing professionals
- Diverse student participants from a variety of corporate, nonprofit and entrepreneurial industries and academic fields
- Concentrated class schedule
Specific topics include:
- Implementing Effective Planning and Control
- Organizing and Supporting Projects
- Creating Interactive Project Teams
- Establishing Effective Communications
- Empowering Project Team Members
In addition to class sessions and materials, students also receive an optional one-hour, individual virtual project management coaching session with a GBMC Project Management Coach. This session will supplement classroom experience and will reinforce topics and exercises covered in class.
- Coaching sessions must be scheduled to take place within thirty (30) days after the final class meeting day.
- Additional parameters of coaching sessions will be announced during class.
SMU Project Management Certificate Program instructors are senior-level, practicing professionals with many years of experience in the field. This program is presented in partnership with Global Business Management Consultants (GBMC). GBMC collaborates with universities, organizations and corporations worldwide to train, consult and execute best-in-class project management strategies.
Who Should Attend?
- New project managers
- Team members who contribute to projects
- Experienced managers looking for advanced skills and best practices
- Innovative business professionals who want to encourage collaboration
- Open to beginner and experienced project managers alike
- No prerequisites
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- Project Management : Required