Build your own laptop from electronic parts and learn how to program on your newly built laptop using Python programming language. Explore the inner hardware of a computer, learn how it works, and use your constructed laptop for practical activities such as programming.
This course is ideal for students interested in computers and computer programming, as well as hardware and software.
Please note times are in Central Standard Time (CST).
- Overview of Computers and Hardware/Careers
- Assembly of Laptops and Learning About Computer Parts During Assembly
- Overview of Software Development/Careers
- Introduction to the Python Coding Language
- Coding with Python Coding Assignments
- Python Coding Project
- Online registration closes at noon 4 days prior to the start of the class.
- For late registration options, please contact SMU College Prep at 214-768-2267 for assistance.