Develop the knowledge and confidence to approach challenges and solve problems with fresh perspectives and innovative thinking. Through inventive, science-based hands-on activities, learn how to tap into your creative potential to learn from failure, find inspiration, and get unstuck. Gain the tools and skills to break patterns, generate new ideas, and embrace uncertainty. Get ready to take creative leaps!
- Session 1: Why is creativity necessary?
Learn how creativity can be a competitive advantage and why creativity is at the heart of innovation.
- Session 2: Let's fail, together!
Learn to embrace and celebrate mistakes, flipping failures into opportunities for learning.
- Session 3: Ask questions!
Get curious about your environment, diversify your experience, and connect to build empathy with others.
- Session 4: Get unstuck
Push past assumptions that prevent progress -- get out of your head and into your hands.
- Session 5: Wrap Up
Reflect on a-ha moments and times you struggled
Learn to build the skills and confidence necessary to create conditions favorable to new ideas, collaboration, and innovation drawing from a diversity of perspectives.
- Online registration closes 3 days prior to the start of the class, unless noted on individual sections.
- For late registration options, please contact SMU Lifelong Learning at 214-768-2273 for assistance.