Take the next step to earn your CFP® credential.
The SMU CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ program consists of seven required courses:
- Fundamentals of Financial Planning
- Insurance and Risk Management
- Retirement Planning and Employee Benefits
- Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- Financial Planning Strategies and Case Studies Capstone
You will receive a certificate of completion. SMU CAPE partners with Credly to provide you with a digital version of your certificate that you can use to showcase what you’ve accomplished. This digital badge will contain information describing your credential and will allow you to easily share your achievement to LinkedIn and other platforms.
- Talk one-on-one with an advisor to answer your specific questions.
- Call us at 214-768-1184 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete and submit the application online.
- SMU will confirm your acceptance and facilitate your payment.
Please click "Apply Now" to begin your application. You will be required to log in or create an account if you do not already have one.
If you need any further assistance, contact SMU CAPE at 214-768-2273.