This introductory-level course helps learners craft a resume that is targeted, elegant, and effective. It continues on to cover interviewing skills, focusing on the interview preparation and the five stages of the interview process. Finally, the course will help learners formulate winning answers to difficult interview questions.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Recognize key career development questions to ask before beginning a job search
- Employ a written goal-setting process to establish career development and job search priorities
- Recognize the purpose of tailoring a resume and cover letter
- Develop a more effective resume
- Develop a more effective cover letter
- Identify the five stages of the interview process
- Conduct industry and company research efficiently using web-based resources
- Brainstorm potential interview questions and answers
- Understand what constitutes a good answer in the mind of a hiring manager
- Anticipate some of the most common interview questions
- Explain to a hiring manager how the past successes represented on your resume will translate to future success in your desired position
- Recognize whether a job aligns with your career objectives
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.