Do you have a dream of writing your own book? Would you like to become a published author? This course can help you achieve your goals. Designed for students who have an interest in writing, but have little knowledge of the publishing process, this course will equip you with expert advice for planning, writing, refining and publishing books; turn your dream of becoming a published author into reality!
The course will cover the following topics:
- How to plan, write, and maintain momentum on your first draft
- How to edit and format to create your final draft
- How to self publish on Amazon and other online platforms
- How to leverage accountability partners, writers groups, and others for support throughout the process
Students will interact with your instructor and other students through Zoom and SMU's Learning Management System (Canvas).
You also will complete reading, videos, and activities on your own time in between real-time, online meetings.
- Online registration closes at 6 p.m. one day before the start of the class, unless noted on individual sections.
- Late registration is welcome! Please contact SMU CAPE at 214-768-2273 for assistance.