Gain skills and strategies necessary to score well on the ACT exam, and take the next step to achieve your academic goals. Our comprehensive class breaks down ACT preparation into manageable units, and each lesson will focus on one component of the exam. The Online ACT Blitz course combines the interactivity of a face-to-face classroom experience with the convenience of online access from any location; you will participate in class discussions and learning exercises in real time. You also will have access to session recordings for 30 days, so that you can watch and review lessons on your own. Our experienced instructors will help you to develop the tools to take the ACT with confidence, and they will walk you through the questions you may encounter on the exam.
With SMU Test Prep, you will master math and verbal skills needed for success on the ACT and will reach your exam date ready to perform at your peak. Using curriculum developed by experienced test preparation professionals, SMU Test Prep instructors are veteran educators who care about helping students achieve their goals. We schedule ACT Blitz courses strategically in the weeks leading up to the most popular ACT dates.
Textbooks and materials are included in the registration fee.
ACT Blitz course curriculum includes:
- Practice solution techniques for problems containing variables.
- Learn efficient approaches to complicated multi-step problems.
- Discover tactics for translating difficult word problems into equations.
- Identify correct idiomatic speech in sentence correction problems.
- Understand the basic concepts of rhetorical construction.
- Learn which grammar errors are most frequently tested.
- Understand which part of the passage to read for reading comprehension questions.
- Recognize the difference between global and local test items.
- Identify passages written from the journalistic and engaged perspectives.
Science Reasoning Topics
- Identify parameters for test items involving graphs and charts.
- Interpolate or extrapolate answers from data given in tables.
- Recognize the point of an experiment in research summary items.
General Test Taking Topics
- Use the process of elimination.
- Master time management skills.
- Minimize test anxiety.
- Identify common distractors.
Choose the Delivery Option that Works for You
We offer multiple sections of our ACT Blitz Preparation Course on campus and online, giving you the option to choose the format and schedule that best fits your needs. Our on-campus sections give you the familiar experience of working in a traditional classroom setting, while our live online programs provide the flexibility of attending class from anywhere (while still having the opportunity for real-time interaction with our expert instructors).
About Our Curriculum Partner
This course is presented in partnership with Educational Testing Consultants (ETC). ETC has worked with prestigious universities across the country for over 20 years to bring unparalleled experience and expert instruction to its test prep courses. CAPE works with ETC and its professional, highly-trained instructors to tailor our classroom experiences to the specific needs of the SMU community, at an affordable price and with an assurance of quality.
Who should take this course?
Our ACT Blitz Test Prep course is ideal for students who are dedicated to their personal academic success. This course is ideal for current high school juniors who are planning to take the ACT for the first time; we also recommend this course for students who may have taken the exam already but wish to improve their scores. Students should expect to actively participate in class and to complete assigned homework each week.