Business ethics represent the standards for right and wrong that govern how business people act. The term also refers to the study of moral principles in the workplace. This course reviews the major ethical issues facing project managers. It looks at the specific challenges project leaders may confront as they deal with team members, vendors, stakeholders, and sponsors.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the role of ethics in the workplace
- Discuss project managers and the Ethical Triangle and its three components: Individual Ethics, Leadership Ethics, and Governance and Control
- Recognize the key ethical issues in project management
- Describe the provisions of the Project Management Institute® Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct
- Discuss the four foundational values (Responsibility, Respect, Fairness, and Honesty) of the PMI® Code of Ethics
- Apply ethical principles to project scenarios
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 3
- Power Skills PDUs: 0.75
- Business Acumen PDUs: 0.75
- Ways of Working PDUs: 1.5
- IACET CEUs: 0.3 (Contact Hours: 3 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 3 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)
- SHRM PDCs: 3
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.