Blockchain is on the forefront of emerging technologies and is the foundation of modern cryptocurrencies. If you're a manager with little exposure to blockchain as a concept, this course will help you build an understanding of the concepts and how the technology might apply to your business. This course is an introduction to blockchain as an underlying technology for cryptocurrencies and other applications. The assignments delve into critical parts of blockchain, such as consensus mechanisms and cryptography. They also look at blockchain's impact on verticals such as healthcare, Fintech, and government, along with democracy, governance, and social impact.
After completing this course, the learner should be able to:
- Explain the fundamentals of blockchain
- Describe the critical nature of consensus mechanisms for blockchains
- Debate blockchain as an emerging technology, from its start with cryptocurrencies to its evolution into smart contracts
- Outline the basic parts of Blockchain Network Architecture and the concept of eliminating central authorities in money and equity transactions
- Discuss the various blockchain applications and what issues they are meant to solve
- Describe how blockchain is impacting industries such as Fintech, healthcare, government and supply chains
- Discuss blockchain and its role in democracy, governance and social impact
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.