Through this interactive and engaging learning experience, develop hands-on skills to apply Scrum principles and practices to immediately improve your work. Learn the Scrum framework and understand team accountabilities, events and artifacts, as well as how to guide your team to apply Scrum. Scrum is a "framework that helps people, teams and organizations generate value through adaptive solutions for complex problems," and it can be applied to many types of work and organizations.
With a recognized and passionate expert agile instructor as your guide, you will complete the course with everything you need to take, and pass, the Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM®) exam.
The CSM® Workshop curriculum includes:
- Scrum Foundations
- Scrum Theory
- Scrum Roles
- Scrum Events
- Scrum Artifacts
- Lean, Agile and Scrum
- Scrum Master Core Competencies
- ScrumMaster Service to the Development Team, Product Owner and Organization
As a Certified ScrumMaster, you have the opportunity to:
- Demonstrate your knowledge through the gold standard of agile certification.
- Guide your team to effectively use Scrum and understand why Scrum values are so important.
- Increase career opportunities and expand your professional community.
- Improve leadership skills and influence organizational change.
Students will interact with instructors and other students through Zoom and an online whiteboard tool, Miro. Class time is comprised of approximately 15% lecture, though there are no power point slides in this class. You will collaborate in teams and learn Scrum by doing and using Scrum.
Course registration fee includes enrollment in the CSM® exam, offered by Scrum Alliance.
- Online registration closes at 6 p.m. one day before the start of the class, unless noted on individual sections.
- Late registration is welcome! Please contact SMU CAPE at 214-768-2273 for assistance.
Eric is a fantastic speaker and instructor. His trainings are highly engaging, interactive, and effective.
- Olivia W.
Eric is organized, effective, and easy to work with; he has a strong command of Agile, and much can be gained from his teachings.
- Sara R.
I have taken Eric's classes both in-person and online. His coaching style is extremely hands-on and very engaging. Would recommend to all in any phase of their agile journey.
- Sowmya R.