When you download an app, or access a database, you want to trust that the software engineer who developed the app had an eye toward security. This course covers the security of applications, data, and hosts in information systems. It provides a comprehensive examination of software development and change management. This course also features a number of fictional scenarios based on real-world application, data, and host security.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the role of security in software development
- Explain the software development life cycle and compare its eight stages
- Understand what the operating system is and how it works
- Describe different application and operating environments
- Discuss the role of databases and the information security challenges they raise
- Understand the various vectors for attack
- Explain the objectives of Trusted Recovery and the concept of system hardening
- Recognize the need for physical security and the varying means of achieving it
- Apply security concepts to real-world scenarios highlighting the need for application, data, and host security
Upon completion of the courses, learners may be eligible for:
- PMI PDUs: 5
- Leadership PDUs: 1.5
- Strategic & Business Management PDUs: 1
- Technical PM PDUs: 2.5
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.