This course begins by covering security issues with regard to operating cloud services. While it covers many aspects relevant to a cloud service provider, it should be particularly valuable to helping cloud consumers understand how security responsibilities may be divided between consumer and provider. The second module engages the learner with real-world scenarios that represent the challenges to securing cloud operations. This course is designed for IT professionals and other adult learners who have some knowledge of internet-related technology.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Identify the considerations choosing data center site
- Explain ways to implement physical security
- Describe the various considerations for securing hardware and networking resources
- Understand the vulnerabilities and mitigation strategies for securing the management plane of a cloud facility
- Describe the steps involved in creating a business continuity plan for a data center
- Explain the role and requirements of forensics in a cloud facility
- Apply what you have learned to real-world scenarios involving cybersecurity and cloud computing
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: Specified - Strategic Business)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.