One of the most powerful, and certainly the most widely used tool in data analysis is Microsoft Excel. Mastery of some key Excel techniques is fundamental to anyone looking to work in the digital field. This one day hands on workshop will give you the opportunity to learn and practice the most important components of Excel used in analysis of digital data. Through a hands-on exercise, you will learn:
- Functions: Excel functions that are most often used in offline, digital analytics driven data manipulation and analysis
- Formulas: become familiar with Excel formulas that every Digital Analyst needs to know Pivot
- Tables: Practice using Excel Pivot Tables to create rollups, as well as organize and structure data in ways that aid in answering specific business requests and questions
- Text to Columns: Practice taking multiple data points merged into one cell and breaking them into separate cells in order to utilize separate data points more effectively
- Data Visualization: Learn the best data visualization features (graphs, table formatting) of Excel, as well as how to tweak the designs to align with your audience and brand.
- Forecasting: Practice using Excel forecasting methods to predict future KPI trends for metrics such as traffic and revenue
- Camera Images: Understand when camera images are appropriate and how to best use them
- Macros: Learn to automate processes when building recurring reports in Excel that require consistent manual manipulation
Students need to bring their own laptop to class. Students must have Excel 2010 or newer on their laptop.
Basic Excel skills required to take this class