Build Your Personal Brand to Differentiate Yourself in College Applications
Prepare for the next step in your academic journey and create a plan for your college applications. This workshop will equip you with tools, techniques and timelines to give you a competitive advantage and make the process more efficient. Your expert instructor will help you find and explore best-fit colleges and learn what you’ll need to do to apply.
At the completion of the workshop, the instructor will provide a 1-hour one-on-one consultation based on your individual needs to plan for your college applications. Consultations will need to be scheduled within 10 business days after the workshop ends.
This workshop will cover:
- What colleges are looking for in applicants
- How to determine which colleges and degrees are best for you and create a college list
- How to choose activities in high school that support your college application
- Essay strategies and writing practice
- Components of the college application process, including:
- Standardized tests (the SAT and ACT)
- Applications platforms for Texas schools and out-of-state institutions
- Financial aid and scholarship applications
At the end of the workshop, you will have:
- Skills and resources for finding and researching colleges and universities that align with your interests, needs and preferences
- Ideas for your college personal statement and strategies for compelling college essays
- A list of resources for exploring colleges virtually and through campus visits
- Timelines to help plan for the application process
- An individual 1-hour one-on-one consultation with the instructor to discuss your individual needs to plan for your college applications. Consultations must be scheduled within 10 business days after the workshop ends.
- Online registration closes at noon 4 days prior to the start of the class.
- For late registration options, please contact SMU College Prep at 214-768-2267 for assistance.