Build Your Personal Brand to Differentiate Yourself in College Applications, Interviews, and Scholarships
Prepare for the next step in your academic journey and create a plan for your college application process that will help you to stand out, meet deadlines, and achieve your goals. This workshop will equip you with tools, techniques, and timelines to give you a competitive advantage. Expert instructors will help you to practice and polish your communication skills to present your unique, authentic personal brand with confidence.
This workshop will cover:
Criteria used by colleges for admissions and scholarships
Factors to determine which types of colleges and degrees are best for you
Your unique academic and personal interests and what makes a college a good fit
How to use your essay and resume to distinguish yourself from other students
Activities in high school to support your college application
Preparation for interviews, college fairs, and campus visits
Components of the college application process, including:
Standardized tests (the SAT and ACT)
Applications for Texas schools and out-of-state institutions
At the end of the workshop, you will have:
- Preliminary list of potential majors that interest you
- An initial list of colleges and universities that align with your interests, needs, and preferences
- Rough draft or outline (depending on grade level) of your application essay
- Draft of a multimedia profile that summarizes your personal brand
- Individualized, polished answers to the most common interview questions
- A list of important questions to ask at college fairs and campus visits
- Students must bring a personal laptop or iPad to the class.
- The mandatory supplies fee will cover textbooks and workbooks used in this workshop. Students will take books home at the end of the course.