Investigate the principles of cybersecurity, a fast-growing field with important implications for government, business, and individuals. Explore various career opportunities in the cybersecurity field with hands-on activities including pen testing, ethical hacking, cryptography and block chain. Students will develop the knowledge and skills to protect themselves and their personal data and accounts.
This course is ideal for students who are interested in computer science and the cybersecurity field in general.
Please note times are in Central Standard Time (CST).
- Introduction to Cybersecurity
- Cyber Safety Lecture + Hands-on Activities
- Cyber Ethics Lecture
- Understanding White Hat vs Black Hat Hacking
- Hands-On Activities Related to Encoding, Encryption, Decryption and Pen Testing
- Digital Footprint Lecture
- Pen Testing, Web Robots, and Malware Hands-On Activities
- Block Chain Lecture + Activities
- Understanding Your Digital Dossier
- Understanding the Dark Web
- Careers in Cybersecurity
- Certifications in Cybersecurity
Students will need a computer (Mac or PC) that has MyLanView Network/IP Scanner program installed.
Students will receive instructions on how to download the MyLanView Network/IP Scanner program on a Mac or PC.
- Online registration closes at noon 4 days prior to the start of the class.
- For late registration options, please contact SMU College Prep at 214-768-2267 for assistance.