Effective use of social media as a marketing tool is often essential for nonprofits to get attention in this digital world. This course introduces learners to the use of social media in communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising for nonprofits. It explores the major social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest) as vehicles for nonprofits to reach their members, volunteers, and donors.
After completing this course, you'll be able to:
- Discuss the importance of social media to nonprofits for communicating, marketing, public relations, and fundraising
- Explain how social media can be used to better engage a nonprofit's audience
- Outline the key questions nonprofits should consider as they become involved in social media
- Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, and other social media platforms
- Discuss the costs involved in social media
- Explain the importance of establishing social media policies for your nonprofit
- Discuss the measurement of social media effectiveness in communicating messages and in fundraising
- Outline tools and techniques for successful social media use by a nonprofit
- Apply your understanding of the social media environment to case studies
Upon completion of the course, learners may be eligible for:
- IACET CEUs: 0.5 (Contact Hours: 5 hours)
- HRCI Credits: 5 (Type: General)
- SHRM PDCs: 5
- CFRE Points: 3
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.
This course is offered through our curriculum partner, MindEdge, Inc. MindEdge was founded in 1998 by Harvard and MIT educators with a mission to improve the way the world learns. Since then, more than three million learners have participated in MindEdge programs.
Registered students will receive individualized communication with further instructions to help you prepare for class.