Over 61 million Americans (about 26% of the population) have some kind of disability and millions more suffer temporary disabilities. Many of those, by law, should be able to access all kinds of technology. In reality, we know that it is difficult to meet the accessibility needs of so many people who are dealing with disparate and sometimes contradictory needs. In this class, you will be introduced to the world of accessibility and inclusive design. You will learn about assistive devices, designing for accessibility, why using plain language can help everyone and how to test for accessibility and usability.
- Session 1: Intro to accessibility (includes an introduction to assistive devices)
- Session 2: Planning accessible products from the start
- Session 3: Plain language – useful for everyone
- Session 4: Testing accessibility (tools and usability testing)
Applies Towards the Following Certificates
- User Experience Design : Elective